2.15.2007

Now Playing

The New Horizons website has a cute movie-style trailer promoting the progress of the Pluto-Kuiper Belt Mission, scheduled to reach Pluto in 2015. The spacecraft's closest approach to Jupiter, however, occurs in two weeks. It's already sent back some stunning photos.

The promo trailer is pretty clever, and comes complete with dramatic voiceovers, special effects, and studious-looking physicists being enthusiastic. I also learned the correct way to pronounce "Kuiper." (I've been saying "Cooper Belt" for longer than I care to admit.)

Remember when theaters used to screen short films, cartoons, and news briefs before the feature presentation? (OK, so maybe you don't remember this.) It would be cool to see something like this pop up on the screen sometime. When I have my very own movie palace, I'm totally going to make with the NASA trailers.

In semi-related news, plans for a motion picture detailing the story of astronaut Lisa Nowak's cross-country journey have been shelved, for now. Meanwhile, plans for a remake of Capricorn One are well underway. And the ground will always be there for you when you fall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home