11.26.2005

Bad Blogger! Bad!

I know, I know. I haven't been posting for shit lately. I just wanted to let you all know (note the use of the phrase "you all" as if multiple people were actually reading this) that I have been keeping a list of all the awesome posts I want to put up as soon as I get some decent writing time.

See, it's getting near the end of the semester, which is typically when I realize I have 3 or 4 stacks of assignments from earlier in the semester that I never got around to actually grading. This is one of the reasons why my student evaluations are generally so bittersweet, i.e. "This dude is fucking awesome and now I love English but where the fuck are my papers??!!"

So instead of making a "real" post, as I would like to do right now, I'm going to trot downstairs to my "grading chair" and guide at least a few more students on the road toward college literacy.

Dudes, please be patient with me. In about two weeks, I will be posting like a fucking fiend, because then I will be trying to avoid writing dissertation chapters, and I find that a highly motivational way of keeping Chazzbot up to date for you.

Yes, you. Because I love you.

Here's what you can look forward to in the weeks to come:
Big maudlin post about my mother
Teaching "Images of Terrorism in Cinema" for three weeks
Update on the time traveller
How fucking cool/lame was King Kong? (depending on how much I like it)
Updated links to blogs I like and/or compulsively read
Do's & dont's for my funeral
More music recommendations
Books I've read (another thing I don't do much of near the end of the semester)
Excerpts from my student evaluations
& the generally half-assed observations and opinions you've come to expect from Chazzbot.

Please stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still here. And I loathe grading. I can't decide whether it's because of the illiterate drivel I must wade through or the hinky diatribes ("Why we should be in Iraq," "Abortion is murder," "Why I vote Republican") that flood my inbox. Or maybe it's because I'm too lazy. Which is probably the most accurate explanation.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home