9.11.2006

Age and Experience

This meme is all the more timely for me since my optometrist recently recommended that I start wearing bifocals. Since I'm so fucking old, this meme gives me an opportunity to share the wisdom of my advanced years.

Meme originated here. Thanks, Gloriane!

7 Ways Age and Experience Have Changed Me
  • I don't care as much anymore that I be universally liked, or liked at all.
  • I have less frequent moments of intense rage.
  • I no longer believe in God or "life" after death.
  • I write more prose than poetry.
  • I no longer wear my Doctor Who scarf regularly.
  • Politically, I lean further to the left every year. (Sometimes, every day.)
  • I am less obsessive about my overall appearance, though I am still a gorgeous specimen of the male physique.

7 Ways Age and Experience Haven't Changed Me

  • I am a major procrastinator. (Hello, dissertation!)
  • I don't like to throw anything away.
  • I want to understand everything.
  • I am more articulate in my writing than my speaking.
  • I still like listening to the Beatles.
  • If I ever win/steal/earn a million dollars, the first thing I will buy is a house for my mother. OK, first I will build a home theater system, then I will buy a house for my mother.
  • What he said.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home