9.11.2006

Wikipedia Celebrates My Birthday, or The Me! Me! Me! Me! Meme

Here's how to play, courtesy of Lone Dissenter:

1. Go to Wikipedia.
2. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year).
3. Choose three events that happened on your birthday.
4. Choose two important birthdays and one interesting death.

My birthday is June 20.

EVENTS
1214 - University of Oxford receives its charter.
1837 - Queen Victoria succeeds to the British throne.
1977 - Oil begins to flow through the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS).

BIRTHS
1942 - Brian Wilson, American popular music composer and singer; founder of The Beach Boys
1967 - Nicole Kidman, Australian actress

DEATHS
1947 - Bugsy Siegel, American gangster (whacked)

Cards and gifts acknowledging these important milestones will be accepted by me year-round.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I scrolled through the entire list for August 12 (my birthday), and while I did find much that fascinated me (Cleopatra committed suicide on that day, though she predated me by some two millenia), what I found most interesting was that two Nobel Laureates were born on August 12, and seven died on that date (though in different years, of course). This sort of begs a question (though I have neither the time nor patience to answer it): is this some sort of record?

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home