7.15.2006

Books Read in 1993

I'm pretty sure my brother and I are the only people who give a crap about these lists, but I like the idea of having them posted here, in case my precious hard copies get burned or, as seems more likely, become the unfortunate victims of a termite infestation and/or an accidental urination event.

Anyway, just wanted to remind the rest of you that I usually post these lists just after I've posted another, hopefully more substantial, entry, so be sure to, you know, browse beyond the headlines.

Here's Bill's list. He's already up to 1996, so I need to catch up. I'm totally going to crush his average once I get around to posting my lists from the mid-80's, Doctor Who novels notwithstanding.

A Sort of Life by Graham Greene
Star Trek TNG: Reunion by Michael Jan Friedman
Concrete Island by J.G. Ballard
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Shoah: An Oral History of the Holocaust by Claude Lanzmann
The Snow Queen by Joan D. Vinge
Troublemaker by Joseph Hansen
The Man Everybody Was Afraid Of by Joseph Hansen
"And So It Goes": Adventures in Television by Linda Ellerbee
After Dark, My Sweet by Jim Thompson
Star Trek TNG: Grounded by David Bischoff
Tartuffe by Moliere (trans. Richard Wilbur)
Refuge: An Unnatural History of Family and Place by Terry Tempest Williams
The Great War and Modern Memory by Paul Fussell
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (annotated by Alfred Appel, Jr.)
Star Trek DS9: The Siege by Peter David
Disappearing Acts by Terry McMillan
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
Star Trek TNG: Descent by Diane Carey
Gerald's Game by Stephen King
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
Possessing the Secret of Joy by Alice Walker
All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren
The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
Star Trek TNG: Imzadi by Peter David

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's the Peter David who wrote Hulk! I remember him.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Chazzbot said...

Peter David writing Hulk is OK. Peter David writing novels sucks.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home