6.28.2006

No More Rock & Roll Fun

Omigod, this sucks. I don't think I've been as upset about a band's demise since Kurt offed himself. Seriously, Sleater-Kinney is one of my favorite bands of the last 10 years, maybe second only to Radiohead. IMHO, they have never made a bum album and each one of their albums fucking rocks. This makes me want to cry.

If you're not familiar with the genius of this band, your education starts here. If you've never heard one of their albums, you've missed out on one of the premiere rock & roll bands of our age. Pick an album, any album, and hear what the radio has been holding back from you.

My favorite S-K album has always been whichever album came out most recently. They have consistently improved on their songwriting and delivery, becoming tighter and harder and more confident with each record. This is a sad day for rock & roll, and I am now totally depressed.

So long, girls. Thanks for 11 years of uncompromising independent music.

1 Comments:

Blogger BookMan said...

This cannot BE! They are (were)an AMAZING band. One of the best I have heard in decades. This blows yaak dung.

It's a like the party's over before it's begun. . .

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home