1.25.2006

The "Hear Me, Leia!" Show

Looks like the campus radio station will be broadcasting online this semester, which will afford Chazzbot readers an opportunity to hear my dulcet voice on a weekly basis. My show is free-form, but generally features "college rock" and "alt.country" with smatterings of R&B, pop, and novelty records. Plus my wit and wisdom.

To hear the show, you will need to download Winamp and enter the following URL:

http://144.38.123.26:8000/thedisc-high.ogg

The title of the show derives, of course, from a pivotal scene in The Empire Strikes Back, and also relates to a joke I made to Dina when I was in hospital after a car crash.

The show will air Thursday afternoons beginning at 4:00 PM (Mountain Time), starting tomorrow (January 25). There aren't any DJs scheduled after me, so the show will run anywhere from two to three hours, depending on how much I get my swerve on.

Feel free to call in with a request! I generally bring my own music to the station with me, but there is a small library in the studio from which I can pull songs.

I started the show at Bowling Green for WBGU-FM. This will mark my fourth year on the airwaves in some capacity. Now I just need to figure out how to make a living by sitting in a studio and playing records.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home