1.09.2006

The Wit & Wisdom of Hot or Not

A few years ago, when I was still enjoying the novelty of having an office with my own computer in it, I became obsessed with the Hot or Not website. So many people needing so much personal feedback! What was/is even more hilarious than the photos on the site, however, were/are the comments people write about themselves in order (I presume) to generate more "Yes" clicks on their personal info.

At one point, I thought it might be fun to create a "found" poem out of some random comments from the site, but I could never generate a collection of lines that sounded "poetic" to me. But last night I came across the notes I had taken from the site, and I present them to you now in all their unedited glory. See if you can do something with them!

(Fun game: Try to figure out if the author is male or female.)

Could it be you?

i will talk to N E one as long as they dont judge me. i am very friendly.

I am a GEEK!

I am visiting the state and I am here for business and pleasure but mostly pleasure and if you are lonely than e-mail me

I like to eat tofu ice cream, yum, and to listen to screamy bands.

looking for a guy that has bad pickup lines and pretends to like the beach and loves to talk :) i like my computer

I'm a pretty 21 year old goth boy in Manhattan, KS.

Hey! . . . I am not your typical gal.

someone let me know where to go!

Click "yes" for friendship!

Come on I am telling you i am a prince, look into my eyes, would i lie to you?

Hello, I like to do anythings that is fun and makes me happy.

hey, maybe you'll see me on TV.

My brother put me up to submitting my picture on here . . . So I did it to humor myself.

If your looking for a killer time, your going to want to press yes!

I just like to be me.

i hope to meet other males around here who are in need of someone also

Not looking for love

When I was little I flushed $100 down the toilet.

I love all kinds a fun shit.

i love relaxing because im an athlete and don't get much time

just say yes and we can go from there!

I guess I'll reply to every msg from just everyone.

I love making new friends on the net!

Show me straight men of any age.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I love all kinds a fun shit."

How does one differentiate between shit that is fun and shit that is boring? Does fun shit remind one of Disneyland?

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home