8.13.2005

Clink, Clink, Another Link

So now that this blog thing has become a part of my life, I find myself intrigued by what everyone else out there is doing, particularly in areas that I have no familiarity with whatsoever. Along those lines, the Washington Post has a story about blogs written by soldiers in Iraq that's worth checking out. Links are included in the story. (You may have to register to read the article. Or better yet, go here for a sign-on name.)

A little less than a year from today, I was wandering the streets of Siena, Italy. Unfortunately I made the mistake of traveling with someone who was more interested in finding ticket outlets than looking at any of the city's art, architecture, piazzas, cathedrals, or any of the other points of interest I had read up on three months before leaving the States. (Bitter? Me?) But the New York Times has offered some assistance to frustrated Siena visitors by providing a good, long travel article with a slideshow. Almost as good as being there, or at least better than watching the city pass by through a bus window. Oy.

While looking up book reviews the other day, I found a site that not only offers links to other book review sites, but original reviews of its own. It's nowhere near being a comprehensive book review site ("There are currently 1463 books under review," sez the homepage), but it's a good place to start. You know, assuming you have time for that sort of thing.

Finally, I'm pleased to report that, in its first week of existence, Chazzbot has already had hits from every time zone in the continental U.S. and at least one from someone in Australia. Whether any of these visitors come back or not is anyone's guess, but I'll take what I can get.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I thought it was neat that the Iraq blog link you provide refers to Ernie Pyle, IU student and the namesake of the Journalism school's building. There's a bar in town, Nick's, with a plaque over Ernie Pyle's favorite booth.

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I'm not living anywhere as remarkable as Australia--in fact, where I'm living is so unremarkable that I won't even mention it by name--I've bookmarked your blog site. I'm hoping to see sheer brilliance as you emerge from your cocoon into a beautiful bloggerfly. I request more posts on music.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. I'm not anonymous as that comment indicates. You know me. I'm the one who has slowly begun to appreciate Fleetwood Mac, per your sugestion (though Stevie Nicks will always sound a bit goat-ish to me).

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home