8.10.2005

Fresh Suckness

So I had to use 2 Z's in my moniker since my kind host, Blogger, informed me that "chazbot" was already taken. Just remember when spelling or pronouncing "Chazzbot" that it contains the familiar representation of snoring we've all come to know and love via Charles Schulz and other masters of the comic strip/book.

Why Chazzbot? Surely you'll recognize the reference to 70's TV classic, Mork and Mindy? No? Among my other childhood vices, I used to tape record (you know, audio recording back in the days before VCRs?) the climactic moments of my favorite television shows. Especially Mork's weekly messages to his Orkian superior, Orson. Somewhere in a box in my closet there is a cassette of the endings to an entire season of Mork & Mindy episodes, along with the distant sounds of gunshots in the background. But I digress.

By the way, I don't know how to bury links within my text (UPDATE: I just figured this out, I think) or how to post photos of myself in my profile so you can periodically be reminded whose blog you're reading/mocking when you look to the right. But all this will come in time, unless I get bored with the whole endeavour (I have a pathetically short attention span which, I suppose, makes me a perfect blogger.)

So what can you expect on Chazzbot? Why would anyone want to read it?

I can promise regular interaction with popular culture. I can promise insufferable championing of human spaceflight. I can promise occasionally embarassing revelations about my friends and family. I can promise tedious defenses of unwatched (by you) television programs, unseen films, and unread comic books. I can promise overly-emotional postings about my neighbors. Yes, all this and more! Maybe even on a daily basis!

As for the second question, well, you're on your own there, cowboy. (And welcome, cowgirls!) But I hope you'll add me to your mental list of sites to look at when you find yourself sitting in front of a computer and you've already Googled yourself and the names of all your friends and ex-partners. And you still have coffee left in your cup.

No, really, it'll be great.

So it begins. Welcome, suckers, to Chazzbot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And so begins the reign of the new and glorious king. All shall love Chazzbot and despair. Hail! Hail! Hail! (Man, I wish I'd grabbed that stupid ring off the riverbed.... What? Oh!) Hail!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home