7.18.2008

Year 14: The End

I've made some pretty decent mixtapes in my time, if I do say so myself. This one, born of a range of conflicting emotions, may be one of my best, composed of three "movements". Delivery pending. Details forthcoming. Sing along if you know the words, won't you?

Part One: State of the Union
1. John Williams: "Theme from JFK"
2. Elvis Costello: "Indoor Fireworks"
3. Hole: "Violet"
4. Aimee Mann: "Stupid Thing"
5. Bright Eyes: "Landlocked Blues"
6. Fleetwood Mac: "Landslide"
7. Radiohead: "Let Down"
8. Steely Dan: "Haitian Divorce"

Part Two: Binge and Purge
9. Jimmie's Chicken Shack: "What Do I Do Right?"
10. Fear: "I Don't Care About You"
11. Ramones: "Glad to See You Go"
12. Ben Folds Five: "Song for the Dumped"
13. Lou Reed: "Sick of You"
14. Foo Fighters: "I'll Stick Around"

Part Three: Goodbye Is Too Good a Word
15. Neko Case: "I Wish I Was the Moon"
16. Marvin Gaye: "When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You"
17. Sinead O'Connor: "The Last Day of Our Acquaintance"
18. Bob Dylan: "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright"
19. Jackson Browne: "In the Shape of a Heart"
20. The Eagles: "After the Thrill Is Gone"
21. Bruce Springsteen: "When You're Alone"

Selections from the playlist can be heard here.

This is all I'll have to say on the matter for now. Those of you still tuning in to this blog can spread the word.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.aimeemann.co.uk

4:14 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Give us a call we're listening. The OBL

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home