3.27.2008

Starbucks' New Frontier: Crescent City

Marion Moon, a Eureka resident, discovered Starbucks was open on her third trip to Crescent City this week. [Note: Eureka is more than 80 miles south of Crescent City.] She's a McKinleyville Starbucks regular.

"You bet!" Moon said about coming to Del Norte County more often now that the Starbucks is open. "This is the only place I can go to Home Depot and Wal-Mart. It's one-stop shopping."

I'm not a big fan of Starbucks anyway, but I can't imagine why any hot-blooded coffee-seeker in Crescent City would rather get their fix from the Corporate Beastie rather than the little drive-up hut I started referring to on my last visit as the "Java Teat," where busty young girls in halter-tops will happily work for their tips by leaning fulsomely over into your car as they deliver a steaming cup of caffeine into your trembling hands. But, then again, I'm a pervy middle-aged guy. Ah, Java Teat. . .

Full story from Del Norte County's own Daily Triplicate here.

My lovely little home town by the sea, surrounded by trees older than Caesar, and populated at least in part by some of America's most violent felons. Someday I will return to liberate you: trees, felons, Java Teat girls, Sasquatch, Starbucks coffee drinkers. All of you. Someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home