1.26.2008

Site Maintenance Update

If you scroll down a bit on the sidebar, you will see a playlist from Last.fm, a streaming music website that may remind you a lot of Pandora, in that if you tell it which artists or genres you like, the site will generate a playlist of related artists and genres that you might also like. Additionally, the site allows one to compile personal playlists for use on one's blog, as you can see here.

For my playlist, I've tried to include songs and artists that don't get as much attention as they deserve, following the indie ethic of my college radio days. There is no other consistency to the playlist--it's pretty much all over the place. You will hear some underground hip-hop, world music, alt.country, punk and all kinds of other eclectic selections.

As of today, my playlist only contains 15 tracks, but now that I've played around with the site, I expect to keep adding songs to the list at least on a weekly basis. If you find yourself interested in setting up an account of your own at Last.fm, look me up.

I've also updated the links, deleting some that I had either lost interest in or that didn't seem to be posting regularly anymore. I also added a few, including Brandon's professional site, so he can tell you his news directly. Also on the list are Occasional Superheroine, one of the smarter comics blogs, and two pop culture sites I've grown to like: Sasha Frere-Jones is perhaps best known as the pop music critic for The New Yorker (where he maintains another worthwhile blog), and I found the Jane Dark site through a link on the SFJ site.

Let me know what you think of the playlist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home