8.01.2007

Who Needs the Kwik-E-Mart?

The storefront. Henderson, Nevada. July 21, 2007
The store was full of cute touches like this, inside and out.
Dina and Marge

Comic-book guys. This may become my new profile icon.

Picked up two cases of Buzz Cola, Squishees, and a few copies of the Radioactive Man comic. Obtained a few boxes of Krustee-O's cereal on a prior visit. A great exercise in consumerism: basically, I bought this stuff just for the labeling.

The counter workers were decked out in Apu-style outfits. There was actually a guy at the counter of Indian heritage--he didn't seem too pleased with the Saturday afternoon crowd.

I'm aware that I am a total tool for shit like this. Still, I found myself rather delighted by the whole idea. I wasn't the only one either. While there, saw a lot of people pulling up just to snap pictures and then driving away again. It became a tourist stop!

It made for an amusing half-hour. Though I may rage against the capitalist machine at times, it's nice to see some creativity in these marketing promos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home