7.28.2006

Books Read in 1997

One thing I haven't added to these lists, for fear of revealing my true obsessions: the number of pages I've read each year (because, of course, I've kept track of that, too). So, because I want you to notice that I read two--TWO!--gigantic Dickens novels in 1997, I'll start adding my total number of pages read to the actual list of books I read for each year. Not necessarily because I think anyone cares, but because someone in the future will want to know what books were all about.

Here's Bill's list.

Total number of pages read: 6890
Pages read in 1990: 7743
Pages read in 1991: 4870
Pages read in 1992: 5395
Pages read in 1993: 7568
Pages read in 1994: 4441
Pages read in 1995: 5417
Pages read in 1996: 4268

History by Hollywood: The Use and Abuse of the American Past by Robert Brent Toplin
The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens
My Dark Places by James Ellroy
The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
The Kiss by Kathryn Harrison
Geek Love by Katherine Dunn
Star Trek: New Frontier--House of Cards by Peter David
Star Trek: New Frontier--Into the Void by Peter David
American Tabloid by James Ellroy
Ingenious Pain by Andrew Miller
Jukebox America by William Bunch
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Obasan by Joy Kogawa
Daughters of Copper Woman by Anne Cameron
Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
Lives of Girls and Women by Alice Munro
L.A. Confidential by James Ellroy

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home